The Federal Trade Commission released its 2015 guidelines for affiliate disclosures in 2015. Click the link to see them in more detail.
These guidelines were created to make sure that viewers or readers of internet media know if a writer or blogger has been sponsored, endorsed, or partnered with any company. Readers need to be able to tell if the content writer is making a profit by sharing a link, or selling a product.
- Affiliate Agreement. This Affiliate Disclosure Agreement (“Agreement”) was made between hikingambition.com, and Amazon.com, and is effective as of the electronic acceptance.
- Affiliation. Affiliation. A party cannot be considered to control more than 50% of its voting rights if it holds them directly or indirectly.
- Relationship. The Affiliate acknowledges that it was not induced to sign this Agreement by or on behalf (Site Name), except as expressly stated herein. The Affiliate acknowledges that it has read and understood all terms of this Agreement.
- Term. The term of this Agreement begins on the date of electronic acceptance. It will remain in full force and effect until it is terminated by either side as per the terms of the Agreement (the “Term”)
- Affiliate obligations. The Affiliate agrees that during the Term they will use commercially reasonable efforts to promote, market, and drive traffic to the site at hikingambition.com (“the “Site”) The Affiliate agrees to not engage in any activity that could reasonably be expected to damage (or dilute) the goodwill associated to (Site Name)’ name and marks.
- Affiliate Links An Affiliate will receive a unique link to this Site (the “Affiliate Link”) The Affiliate will place this link on its website, or in promotional materials, in a way that is reasonably calculated to drive traffic towards the Site. Affiliate Link will act as a portal to the Site. All visitors will be tracked via the Affiliate Link to enable the Affiliate to receive commissions for any sales made by them.
- Commission Structure. Affiliates will be paid a commission equal (1-5)% of any Qualified Purchase made by visitors to the Affiliate Link. This is the “Commission”. A “Qualified purchase” is a purchase of at least (1-10)$ by a visitor to the Site that is not an Affiliate. Commissions will be paid on a monthly basis. They will be calculated using Qualified Purchases from the previous month. Within 30 days of the month’s end, commissions will be paid.
- Affiliate Warranty. Affiliate warrants that it is authorized to enter into this Agreement. The Affiliate warrants that it does not include any content that is illegal, libelous or hateful.
- Insurance. Affiliate agrees to indemnify (Site Name), its officers, directors and employees from all claims, liabilities and damages (actual or consequential) arising out of breach of this Agreement.
10 Affiliate Status. The Affiliate recognizes that it is an independent contractor, and is therefore not entitled to the same benefits as employees of (SiteName).
Disclaimer. APART FROM WHAT IS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, (Site Name) MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF AND HEREBY EXCLUDES ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING W/O LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF FITNESS AND MERCHANTABILITY FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.